If it was perfect this FAQ wouldn't be required !
1. Check PHP is installed on server
2. Check PHP is 5.3 or higher
3. Check you have FTP access
4. Check server supports FOPEN
5. Check server supports Cron Jobs
6. Check file permissions are changeable(755)
PHP 7 fully is fully supported and developed on
1. Connect to your server via FTP or cpanel file manager
2. Create a directory called "pws" in the root of your web server
3. Upload all contents of the unzipped download to a folder into the directory called "pws"
4. Now open easyweathersetup.php
5. There is no password by default it is essential you create one
6. Study the options and complete all options and save
7. Now test your configuration goto index.php
Filezilla is the most popular client for OSX and Windows
1. Check the path chosen for the realtime file example https://yourwebsite/clientraw.txt
2. Check you have added the correct Weather Undeground API Key
3. Are file permissions correctly set to 755
4. Does host permit cron jobs
5. Are you running PHP 5.3 or higher
6. Read the setup.rtf included in the download
7.Some server configurations do not like relative paths this could mean re-writing a specific code please get in touch if you think this is the problem
8.Support is available in other languages from contributors please get in touch for more info
Double check that easy set up panel options are correct
Remember the big advantage of a WS1001 is? it does not require a PC to be running 24/7 to send data to internet,it is not dependant on third party software
1. Browsers will or have already began starting to flag non-https websites as ‘not secure’
2. If you want SEO performance and ranking then just switch to HTTPS today ignore the sceptics..
3. Your visitors or users deserve the security
4. In the near future you will find that some powerful HTML5 features,such as geolocation,
will be unavailable without a secure connection.
5. AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages) the ever growing demand for fast mobile friendly sites without HTTPS your website gets flagged non mobile friendly
So if you have not yet added HTTPS to your website, it could be only a matter of time before you have little choice in the matter and choose to ignore you will get left behind.
Think Secure Think Trusted Think Safe
Here is a good example of weather34 template using https https://www.weerstation-sauwerd.nl
Web Hosting like everything these days "you get what you pay for". It is worth paying a little bit more for many reasons, like all hobbies or your interests the enthusiasm can grow and demand some reliability,performance as you get more curious or enthusiastic.
weather34 is not affiliated to any software or hosting company and does not profit or make any gains . https://weather34.com resides on a server hosted by ICDSOFT for experience,performance,support and reliability,nothing else.
Reliable Web Hosting is as important as the accuracy of your weather station ,a $30 a year package is just not going to be good enough as you look to expand and use the knowledge you learn or have. $60 to $99 is a good budget per year and you should easily find a suitable host for your weather station or other personal projects etc..But remember to do a bit of homework often you will see $1 dollar a month promotions look ahead,read the small print and see the catch a year later will have a totally different price for the same ..its called marketing for new customers.
Please understand and do some research what shared hosting really means and why it can have a serious performance issue for you ,different host impose limitations,restrictions due to shared hosting capabilities..
Get in touch if you would like to contribute
25 Available languages(14-02-17) English,Turkish,Dutch,Danish,Czech,Italian,Portuguese
Norwegian,Romanian,Swedish,Russian,Slovak, Hungarian,Slovenian,South American
languages frequently added and updated.